I’ve revived this honey of a typeface, complete with alternates and ligatures (supplied with a specimen by the gracious Donona), but on examination of a Petzendorfer specimen, I finally figured out the reasoning of the alternates. Not only this, but the relationship of the figures to the cap height.
Thus, I need to reopen the file and fiddle around a bit to make this font a stunner. Amazing how research after the fact provides interesting details not found in simple alphabetic showings. Cautionary note for my future reference.
Made some major repairs to Bijou once I had access to a very good piece of copy from Petzendorfer that showed the function of the alternates with respect to the lowercase F and T, as well as placement for bullets. New final font and PDF showing of character set in the dropbox.
I did the font because a friend was trying to convince me to do the font. I declined at first because there are existing digitizations but the friend liked the dots between letters which are not in the existing fonts. I was provided with scans and PDFs of Bijou specimens from old specimen books.
I hope you will not mind having some competition because I am definitely coming out with mine. As for me, I do not mind at all. The font is already done way back as far as characters found in specimens are concerned. I also still have to do a few more characters to complete the Latin 1 character set. I also have to go over my scrollworks because a friend said that they are not circular enough.
Honestly, yours is good enough for me and if yours were already existing when I was shown the sample, I probably would have not done mine.