This lovely light-faced latin was designed by Charles E. Heyer, who patented it in 1879–1880 [USPTO D11643]. It was his fourth assignment (by name) to the Barnhart brothers, Arthur M. and Alson E., Charles E. Spindler and Simon G. Stein (A.M.’s father-in-law) and the fifth patent in the history of this TF.
By 1882, two “updates” with additional alternates, ornaments and other extras were introduced. Normanesque was extensively shown by BBS and distributed by at least two other TFs. It was discontinued between the 1900 and 1907 catalogs.