According to Nicolette Gray, this dazzling 3D “contour” face was introduced by the Austin/A. Wood TF in 1863.¹ Numbered specimens were shown by the Bruce and Dominion TFs in 1869 and 1874, respectively. No specimen examined is identified by a tradename; the temporary one is drawn from the Dominion showing:
Catalog Specimen, Dominion TF 1874
¹Gray, N. (1938): XIXth Century Ornamented Types and Title Pages, page 203. Faber and Faber Limited, London.